Wednesday 21 March 2012

Where did my little baby go? One week of major developments at 7 months old

Gone are the days of my baby lying on the floor, watching a toy or the cat for hours on end. I can not believe how much she has changed, even just this past week!! I knew I had a little mover when she started rolling over at 14 weeks. Grandma said "You've got a wiry one!"


She started the army crawl at 5 and a half months and started rocking on all fours at 6 months. Now she has figured out crawling and while she is still learning, she gets a little faster everyday. It is amazing to see her explore the house and areas she has not been before.

We had been practicing sitting but I had to put her into position and stay close to catch her if she fell. Within two days she nailed it and would even practice falling herself. Two days later, I find her sitting on the floor. I asked my DH "Did you put her like that". Nope, she did it herself. Now I find her sitting all over the place, and she is slowly learning that she can not sit under tables without bonking her head.


Yesterday I went to get her out of her crib after a nap, and she was standing holding onto the bars. Next she is trying to stand at the coffee table. She has figured out that if she reaches up she can grab things off of the table as well. Unfortunately, she loves to stare at beer cans (Budweiser to be exact) and my DH had left a half full can on the side table. A few minutes after she saw it I had a beer soaked baby.....my DH was in hot water on that one.

I think that these developments will help her to become more independant and learn that she can do things herself. I have noticed she is much happier now and can entertain herself for longer periods of time. I just can not believe how rapidly she is changing and it seems like my little 7 pound 10 ounce colicky newborn is becoming a distant memory.......

LET THE BABY PROOFING BEGIN!!!
Where should I start?

1 comment:

ninalazina said...

I love the picture with her standing. It's like she is saying look at me and make sure you take a good picture! lol. Have a lovely day.
Nina